The longest walk in mind




Past days were tough,
For an extrovert who had to hide behind smiles of disgust
Who talked for hours, now had just few words to even show the anger burst.
For days were the evenings similar,
The sun lit sky felt like the burning sphere,
The blue lakes felt like the bundle of my unseen tears
Screams and just screams echoing in my ears.
Yet not a word uttered, not even a single tear shed
For it was a battle I had to fight myself.

Days and days of distressed thoughts,
Until my mind was at peace
With literally just no thoughts.

 And it was the spring, I guess
when falling leaves felt beautiful
rather than an act of detaching with the rest.
The rustle of those red, brown crispy leaves
The colors that pop out other than just greens
Left me intrigued, as I sat by the window
With just a book and in my jeans.

The clouds were rolling down
Forming shapes I imagined them to be,
The sip of tea had me glued with rhythms of my own soul melody.




Comments

Popular Posts