Fate or Hard work?



Having ticked off teenage, tons of confusions and responsibilities bump on to you, in between which, it is important we see clear through our goals.

In last two years, I have been introduced to a bunch of individuals, among which I have been given a chance to observe and learn. One of the things that pushed my mind to think harder was the dilemma that people were dumped into: Fate or hard work?

This, I feel originates from early childhood when parents aspire their children to take the path that they (parents) decide and feed the little one to do so emphasizing that the path was their fate (specially Indian parents I suppose).

When the child with such input grows, though he/she shows interest and puts their “hard work” in achieving their “individual” goals, the future in the way seems like the act of fate and hence discourages them to proceed further.

Fate, is a concept that every single person in India have a completely prejudiced mind about. Though at first one disagrees to accept. It’s imprinted in everybody’s thoughts and thus is shown through their acts.

So is it fate or hard work?

I think the above two are two individual paths which intersect to reach a particular goal and when they don’t, your destination is varied. I cannot completely deny that “fate” isn’t in my mind, but I am completely convinced that hard work, to be more precise hard work for a really long long long period of time for sure will bring out results that shall be more than satisfactory.


Comments

Popular Posts